|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence Hall||Class Status:||3-junior|
Study abroad in Amsterdam and live and learn in one of the safest and most open-minded cities in the world! Students gain insight into global business and critical economic issues by enrolling at one of CIEE Amsterdam's two partner schools, the University of Amsterdam (UvA) or the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). Students can also take classes taught at CIEE Amsterdam, which is a quick walk from the UvA and a 30-minute commute from the VU. The UvA is located in the city center of Amsterdam, which is home to the stock exchange, Dutch Central Bank, and Dutch and international companies large and small. The VU is located just outside of the city center of Amsterdam, near the business district in Amsterdam South. Courses are taught by highly qualified CIEE, UvA, and VU faculty and complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
GET A MULTINATIONAL PERSPECTIVE
on how business is done in a comparative perspective by living in one of the most multinational cities in the world.
COMMUTE AND CRUISE AROUND BY BIKE
- it's the Dutch way - and make the most of an up close and personal city experience.
JOIN A DUTCH FAMILY FOR A WEEKEND
for a personal introduction to culture and lifestyle.
Excursions & Activities
- Travel overnight to experience life in another Dutch city or slip out of urban life at a coastal preserve.
- Take day trips that highlight Dutch innovation outside the city rings of Amsterdam.
- Experience Dutch theater or dance at a historic performance hall.
- Team up with a student coach from the University of Amsterdam's International Student Network (ISN), and enjoy city outings with your own group of international students at the UvA.
- Get to know Dutch youngsters by volunteering to teach English once a week at a local Amsterdam school.
- Join one of several Amsterdam Life Activities (ALA) groups. From exploring Amsterdam's multicultural composition, to its status as a global culinary capital or a hub for business innovation, there's a way to pursue nearly every interest.
- Take part in a Power and Privilege workshop to explore the uneven distribution of power and privilege in the Netherlands along gendered, raced, and classed lines.
- Lend your voice to the Student Representative Council and help shape CIEE Amsterdam’s activities and programming.
- Sign up for a weekend homestay, and get to meet and spend a weekend with a Dutch family.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Dutch culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us