|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||Czech, English|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Apartment, Homestay, Residence Hall||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
With magnificent art and architecture from every period everywhere you look, it’s impossible not to be curious about the stories behind Prague’s monuments. Luckily, the Central European Studies program lets you choose from a wide array of courses on Czech culture and society including history, media, art, religion, literature, and politics at Charles University. You can also take up to four courses at FAMU, Central Europe’s preeminent film school. Nonstop cultural activities and guided tours will enrich your academic pursuits and make your journey to Prague one you’ll treasure forever.
MAKE YOUR VISIT
official by traversing the Charles Bridge, constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
LIVE IN PRAGUE
like a Czech student, with a Czech flat buddy to show you around, explain local customs, and organize weekly activities in politics, sport, film, music, and more.
HEAD TO CLASS
with a fairy-tale castle and hundreds of church spires as your backdrop.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore Prague Castle, Old Town, historic halls of Charles University, the theater, or opera.
- Take excursions beyond the city to Bohemia and Moravia to get a sense of the surrounding region.
- Join a student group that sparks your interest, in art, community service, film, music, sports, or theater, for example, and see how Czech students are similar and different from U.S. students.
- Join a language exchange program.
- Meet a Czech family.
- Volunteer to teach children English, help people with disabilities, pitch in a library, organize political conferences, and more.
- Gain international experience with a pre-screened internship at an organization that focuses on education, human rights, film, politics, and more. (Students apply upon admission to the program, need approval from their home college or university, and are placed after the interview in Prague.)
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us