Programs > Brochure
IFSA- Mexico Medical Spanish and Public Health in the Yucatan at Universidad Autonoma
Merida, Mexico (Abroad Opportunities Program)
|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior|
Study Abroad in MEXICO
Medical Spanish and Public Health in the Yucatan
About the Program
Are you interested in health sciences? Would you like to learn Spanish to use in a healthcare setting? Clinical observations in urban and rural settings turn the Yucatán into a classroom as you study health care, politics, culture, community and medical Spanish. An excursion to Cuba explores health care systems in the region.
Merida is in the state of Yucatan on the far eastern edge of Mexico. The city enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year and is a tranquil yet cosmopolitan center of culture in southern Mexico. It's compact size makes it easy to explore the many squares and markets. Colonial Spanish architecture adds to Merida's beauty and personifies the city's long history.
- Live and learn in Mérida, a cozy, colonial city located about 20 minutes from the coast
- Study the rich culture of the Yucatán and learn Spanish in one of Latin America's safest areas
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Courses taught by faculty from the renowned Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán (UADY)
- A medical Spanish course gives invaluable help to medical, social work and business majors
- Improve your Spanish language medical vocabulary so you can help even more people as a health professional
- An excursion to Cuba is offered as part of the program at no additional cost
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the next Step!
Visit our website for more information about our Medical Spanish,Public Health program.
Contact your student Services manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278