Skip to content
Welcome to the CMU Study Abroad Portal!
The study abroad staff in the Office of International Education (OIE) are excited to support your study abroad journey. These simple steps will help you get started:
- Step 1: Begin to think about your study abroad interests: which countries or cities are most appealing? What do you want to study? What time of year do you want to travel?
- Step 2: Review the different Program Options listed on the Study Abroad website. You'll find options for fall, spring, summer and academic break periods.
- Step 3: Attend a Study Abroad Information Session or schedule a one-on-one meeting with a study abroad advisor to learn more about your options.
- Step 4: Once you've chosen your program(s), apply directly to the foreign university or study abroad program provider.
- Step 5: Attend a required Pre-Departure Orientation Session, then log in to this Study Abroad Portal to complete the Carnegie Mellon Study Abroad registration/approval process.