Programs > Brochure
IFSA - International Business in China
Shanghai, China (Abroad Opportunities Program)
|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||English, Mandarin|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Residence Hall||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior|
Study Abroad in CHINA
About the Program
The International Business in China program offers unparalleled opportunities to examine China's rapidly changing business environment and the global networks in which it plays an increasingly strategic role. Maximize your learning by tailoring classes to your academic focus, enrolling in the required core class and three to four elective classes, including an internship opportunity. You must have completed one business and one economics class prior to arrival, or two economics classes if business is not available at your school.
Shanghai has grown exponentially in the last hundred years—from a colonial trading port to a massive international metropolis with a population of 24 million. Known for its fast-paced industry and cosmopolitan vibe, the city is intricately connected with the global flows of commodities and people. It also represents the enormous environmental, economic, and social challenges that are mirrored across China and around the world. Want to study international business or trade? Shanghai is your city.
- China: Economic Giant (3 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Essential Chinese (1 U.S. semester credit hour)
- Beginning Chinese I (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Beginning Chinese II (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Intermediate Chinese I (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Intermediate Chinese II (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Advanced Chinese I (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Advanced Chinese II (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Advanced Chinese III (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Advanced Chinese IV (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Advanced Readings in Chinese (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Business Chinese I (3 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Business Chinese II (3 U.S. semester credit hours)
All area studies classes are taught in English and are 3 U.S. semester credit hours each. Not all electives may be offered in a given semester depending on enrollment and faculty availability.
- International Money and Finance
- International Trade: A Chinese Perspective
- Internship and Methodology Seminar
- China as a Global Market
- Managing Enterprises in China
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Exploring Community & Culture in a Global Context
You may also choose from our 21st Century City and Public Health Policy and Practice elective classes at the IFSA Shanghai Global Flagship.
Take the Next Step
- Visit our website for more information about our International Business in China program, including course syllabi, co-curricular activities, student housing, and previous internship placements.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278