|Website||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||CMU applicants only|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence Hall||Class Status:||3-junior|
Take your advanced Spanish language skills to the next level while studying across a range of academic areas at CIEE Seville and our partner schools, University of Seville and Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO). Take classes alongside local students, in Spanish, while immersing yourself in the rich culture of Seville. CIEE Seville is located in the heart of Seville, close to the Royal Alcazar palace. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
EXPLORE A NEW PLACE, TASTE, OR
experience every week, with activities and excursions that illuminate everything you’re learning.
BECOME IMMERSED IN SEVILLE
with courses alongside local Spanish peers at the local Spanish universities
and discover some of the most beautiful cities in Andalucia through our excursions to cities like Cadiz, Malaga, Cordoba, Jerez, etc.
Excursions & Activities
- Practice your language skills with Spanish university students during a special language immersion day that includes group activities and games, presentations, one-to-one conversation, food and drinks.
- Discover the treasures of Córdoba and Cádiz.
- Try your hand at Spanish cooking – tapas anyone?
- Unwind and get a different perspective on a kayaking tour.
- Join in flamenco lessons, check out Seville’s alternative cinemas, and more. New activities are always on offer.
- Explore historical sites all around Seville as well as medieval castles like in Carmona.
- Get above it all with a hike in the Sierra Norte.
- Volunteer. Get to know the people of Seville better – and say gracias for your stay by volunteering with humanitarian organizations and teaching opportunities.
- Conversation exchange program. Socialize with Spanish peers while you improve your skills by leaps and bounds.
- University activities. Students can join in with a range of activities and outings – choir, hiking, sports, etc. – offered by our host universities.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us