|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Housing Options:||Residence Hall||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
Immerse yourself in Irish university life by enrolling in courses at CIEE’s partner school - Dublin City University (DCU) – Ireland’s “University of Enterprise” for its focus on research and innovation. DCU is located just outside the city of Dublin and hosts five colleges: Science & Health, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Computing, DCU Business School, and DCU Institute of Education. Students can also select from CIEE elective courses taught by adjunct lecturers at CIEE Dublin, located on DCU’s All Hallows campus.
All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to make your understanding of Ireland complete – and unforgettable.
The elective CIEE-administered classes, “History and Culture of Modern Ireland” and “Intercultural Communications and Leadership”, are not included on the Dublin City University (DCU), Trinity College Dublin (TCD), nor University College Dublin (UCD) transcripts.
TRAVEL TO NORTHERN IRELAND
like Dublin Castle, Temple Bar, Henrietta Street, and Guinness Brewery.
on a high-tech campus with easy access to downtown Dublin.
on Ireland’s rich heritage with orientation activities and a special CIEE course.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Dublin with cultural activities such as guided walking tours, visits to museums, cathedrals, galleries, and historic sites.
- See more of Ireland with day trips that bring your coursework to life. Excursions could include visits to the Wicklow mountains of Glendalough, the medieval town of Kilkenny, or immersion into the farm life of rural Ireland.
- Engage in campus life by joining a campus society or club – from drama to travel, there’s something for everyone.
- Take advantage of the University’s state-of-the-art swimming complex.
CIEE Dublin works with a variety of charities and NGOs and will assist students who are interested in volunteer opportunities. In the past students have volunteered with organizations such as Age Action, Fighting Words, National Council for the Blind Ireland, Picturehouse Photography, and Dogs Aid Animal Sanctuary.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Irish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us