|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Homestay, Residence Hall||Class Status:||2-sophomore|
Barcelona offers endless opportunities to improve your Spanish language skills and learn about Spain’s art, history, and politics. Beyond the classroom, get to know the city with guided tours to storied museums and cathedrals, day trips to other towns, and insight from Spanish peers and homestays. Courses are taught at CIEE Barcelona, in English and Spanish, and complemented with immersive co-curricular activities designed to increase intercultural understanding.
LIVE WITH A HOST FAMILY
at their Barcelona home and upgrade your Spanish language skills as you learn about local customs.
FAST-FORWARD YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS
or explore Spanish art, history, politics, or urban culture with classes taught in English and Spanish.
in a cosmopolitan university city rooted in ancient tradition and reaching toward the future.
Excursions & Activities
- Lean on CIEE-trained Barcelona students as you ease into life in Spain. Our Local Students join you for activities that may include eating tapas or taking city tours among others. Together you'll share an insider's view of the city.
- Tour iconic sites like the Gothic Quarter, and explore Modernista architecture, and the Olympic Village and Born neighborhoods.
- Take 2 day trips to a Catalonian destination that may include the North of Catalunya, the South of Catalunya, among others.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us