Programs > Brochure
IFSA - James Cook University, Cairns
Cairns, Australia (Abroad Opportunities Program)
|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing Options:||Residence Hall, Student Responsibility||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior|
STUDY ABROAD IN AUSTRALIA
James Cook University Partnership, Cairns Campus
About the Program
Dig deeper into ecology, photography, or marine biology while surrounded by the spectacular rainforests of the Wet Tropics, the dry savannahs and the iconic Great Barrier Reef. IFSA will help you thrive while at this unique and diverse top-ranked tropical research institution. And just imagine what you'll do on your weekends!
- Experience smaller class sizes and accessible teaching staff at a top-ranked university
- Offers a relaxing environment with extensive bike paths and local bus services to the central business district
- Courses and subjects are designed with clear learning outcomes, coherent structures and manageable workloads
Cairns has a young, cosmopolitan atmosphere with plenty of cafes, bars, restaurants, and entertainment. A unique environment with access to the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef (30 minutes by boat) and the tropical rainforests. Cairns, surrounded by rainforest-covered hills is a popular North Queensland tourist attraction. Located 30 minutes from the beach, Cairns is the adventure capital of Australia.
Afford Your Journey
Grants, financial aid, credit card payments and more are available. IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs, and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the James Cook University, Cairns program, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your IFSA Program Advisor at 800.858.0229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278