Programs > Brochure
IFSA- Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica
Heredia, Costa Rica (Abroad Opportunities Program)
|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||Spanish|
|Abroad Opportunities:||Study Abroad||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
|Housing Options:||Homestay||Class Status:||2-sophomore, 3-junior, 4-senior|
Study Abroad in COSTA RICA
About the Program
Nestled between mountains, Heredia offers a unique Latin American experience. You'll find great academic opportunities at top-ranked Universidad Nacional, all within the reach of ecological sites, national parks, beautiful beaches, and nearby hiking trails. So, sit back and enjoy a fresh cup of Costa Rican coffee as you embrace the Pura Vida.
Heredia offers a small town feel, yet close to big-city attractions. Located in central Costa Rica Heredia is known throughout the world for its coffee plantations and volcanic national parks. Visit tropical forests, picture-perfect waterfalls and gleaming rivers that surround the area.
- Universidad Nacional combines excellent academics with extensive opportunities to get involved in campus life and the surrounding community
- Join an exciting, diverse student body in smaller class sizes at an innovative university
- Take advantage of special concentrations that focus on teacher education and environmental studies
- You may cross-enroll in a variety of departments and take classes with Costa Rican students
- Academic tutors available throughout the semester
- Great program for ecology and environmental studies majors
- Live and learn in one of the safest countries in Central America, a place with a small town feel and an outstanding natural environment
- Great location to increase Spanish proficiency, and immerse in the local culture
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about our Universidad Nacional program.
- Contact your student Services manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278