We are delighted to announce that the ThinkSwiss scholarship
program managed by the Embassy of Switzerland in Washington, D.C. is ready to go into its next round!
8-12 week internship in Switzerland
•Open to current sophomores, juniors, seniors, and master’s students
•Open to all fields
•Provides Monthly Scholarship CHF 4,800 (approx. $1600)
•Dec. 31, 2023: Applications due
To apply for a ThinkSwiss Scholarship you must:
- currently be enrolled at an accredited U.S. or Canadian university/college,
- be a graduate student or an undergraduate student who will have completed their sophomore year by the time the research stay in Switzerland begins, and
- Provide a written confirmation from a professor at a Swiss university that they will accept you for a research stay in their group.
Application for ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship 2023
IMPORTANT: The next application period will open mid-October 2022. Thank you!
In order to apply, please fill out the contact form below and upload all supporting documents in PDF format by December 31, 2022
. In order to be considered for this scholarship, each application must contain:
- The completed application online form
- A research project outline (e.g. an overview of the tasks and milestones of your project that you agreed on with your host professor, max. 2 pages)
- A letter of motivation/explanation of why you should be awarded the ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship, why you would make an excellent “student ambassador” in the future, and why you choose Switzerland as your research destination (please keep this within 2 pages)
- A CV (no more than two pages)
- A copy of your current university transcripts and diplomas (if applicable)
- A letter of acceptance from the host professor and/or hosting institution in Switzerland (we expect this letter to highlight the relevance of your research)
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor who can attest to the applicant’s abilities
For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. Note: December 31, 2022 is the final deadline. We cannot review applications submitted after the deadline.
After you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive an automated email response confirming your submission. In any case, please send us an email to email@example.com
to inform us about your submission.
Please allow us a couple of days to contact you personally after your submission. If you do not receive an personal email from this office within one week after your submission, please get in touch with us.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!