|Website||Click to visit|
|Program Type:||3. Direct/External Programs||Language of Instruction:||French|
|Minimum GPA:||2.5||Housing Options:||Homestay|
Where better to improve your French, than in this beautiful city just an hour and thirty minutes by train from Paris? Immerse yourself, take courses at the intermediate or advanced level, and improve your ability to speak, write, and read French, all while visiting amazing historic sites and architecture, listening to the music of the French language, and tasting the je ne sais quoi that makes French food some of the best in the world.
LIVE WITH A FRENCH FAMILY
and share daily meals with them.
TAKE LANGUAGE CLASSES
that are perfect for your level.
to help the local community.
Excursions & Activities
- Go on an overnight weekend trip to Normandy, the Cornouaille region, or the northwestern coast of Brittany.
- Visit Saint-Malo, a medieval walled city.
- Head to Mont Saint-Michel, an abbey and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Walk through Fougères and/or Vitré, two medieval cities with amazing castles.
- Volunteering. Students can give back to the host community by helping French children with their English at the Franco-American Institute, and/or keeping elders company in a local retirement home.
- Peer-to-peer tutoring. At the Franco-American Institute in Rennes, brush up on your language skills by chatting with French conversation partners, joining a French book club, going to movies or playing board games with your French peers.
- Some meals
- Mandatory orientation – an introduction to Rennes culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us